Emily at eleven shakes of a persimmon tree nominated me for the Liebster award because I'm an awesome up and coming blog with less than 200 followers. Let's change that to 200 million readers, okay? But not really because that would be stressful and would just prove that the world is going to the crapper if that many people liked reading about things I hate and what I hear in public restrooms.
The rules for receiving this award
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose people and link them in your post.
4. Go tell them!
5. No tag backs.
6. My own personal rule: you don't have to follow any of the above if you don't want to.
11 Things About Me
1. I'm never content with how my house is. I love constantly changing things up!
2. I use coconut oil as deodorant.
3. I have a betta fish named Guy.
4. I drink at least one pot of tea a day, typically more.
5. I've been cleaning out my cupboards of things I don't want to eat anymore, and I quickly filled an entire grocery bag with candy. Most of it is super old, but I couldn't believe how much I had! Maybe that's a good things because it means that I didn't eat it?
6. I'm nervous about next semester.
7. I was so obnoxious and loud in high school. Like louder than the loud kids. I'm pretty sure I'd punch myself in the face if I could go back in time.
8. I take hyperthyroid medicine three times a day and hate it.
9. I think Gogol Bordello is the shit.
10. I've watch sooooo many documentaries on Ancient Egypt. They pretty much all say the same thing, but I can't pass one up!
11. I own all the Little House books.
1. Pick a travel destination based on food alone. Where is it and what would you eat?
Honestly, any place would work for me, but more than likely a foreign country with small cities. I eat whole fresh food, which I can pretty much find anywhere!
2. Which career would you choose if money was no object?
The career I've already chosen...to be a doctor! It would be wonderful to be able to graduate and not be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, but so be it.
3. How do you best express your creativity?
By crafting anything. I love sewing and making things.
4. Why did you start blogging?
The first blog I ever started reading, SO many years ago, was Dooce. Heather is so funny, so personal, and just plain amazing. I wanted to create a little place where I could document my life, as well as be funny, personal and inspiring for others!
5. Do you have a goal or resolution for 2013?
Yep! Read about them here.
6. Who is your weird celebrity crush?
Adrian Grenier. I've had a crush on him since he was in Drive Me Crazy, so since I was 8. He's my 'free to bang' person and I almost had the chance to. I was at work downtown and he was here with Ryan Gosling a couple months ago and was at stores close to mine. I'm pretty sure I would have keeled over and died if I saw him, though.
7. Do you accept leggings as pants? Why or why not?
I didn't used to, until I realized how comfy they were and started wearing them! I wear the long shirts with them though, so my butt is covered.
8. What is the most important lesson you have learned in life, so far?
Do whatever the hell you want. In the end, it doesn't matter what other people think of you.
9. When do you feel the most like your true self?
When I'm around my husband or my best friends.
10. What makes you smile?
Ha! Too many things to mention. Sunny days, rainy days, my dog, babies, music, good grades, friends, etc.
11. How do you make time for yourself?
I listen to my body and when it tells me to chill, I do. I don't worry too much about what I'm 'supposed' to be doing, unless it's being in class or going to work. Even if I have homework, I'll put it on the back burner sometimes so I don't lose my mind.
My nominees are...
Sara at The Traveling PhoBlogWriPher
Patricia at Stranger in Moscow
Lisa at lisa goes to market
Bombshell at A Bombshell Life
Ashley at Longing for Louisville
Rachel at Blonde Strands
Melissa at [insert sarcastic remark HERE]
Kate at Made For You By Me
Janna Lynn at Shewearscrazywell (JL I feel like you may have more than 200 followers...?)
Madi at Madi's musings
CC at I AM CC SMITH
11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1) Do you use a daily planner? If so, what kind of things do you use it for? Just work? School? To-do list?
2) What is your favorite TV show on Netflix? I'm only asking this because I need new suggestions. If you don't have Netflix, it's probably a good thing.
3) Bungee jumping or skydiving: which would you prefer to do?
4) What's a blog you would be sad to see stop writing?
5) What are your thoughts on eggnog? I've been reading a lot about how people hate it but have never tried it. Are you in that category?
6) Are you sick of the word vintage like I am?
7) Do you like putting things together, like bookshelves, lego kits, etc. or would you rather have someone else do it?
8) What is the last book you read? Yes or no: did you like it?
9) Do you keep your CDs or DVDs in the case, or do you put them in a big CD case? The hubs and I are debating our method of keeping them in their regular cases because it takes up too much room.
10) Do you use the word 'bro' at all? I find myself using it far too often.
11) I can't think of another question so make up your own.
If you do a post, link in the comments!