Friday, January 6, 2012

Thankful Friday

I'm thankful for good good good days like today. It's halfway over, but I haven't felt so happy and clear headed in weeks!

I woke up around 9:45 and stretched before getting up. Since I've been exercising a lot recently, it felt like the best stretch in the entire world!

I had gotten up a little bit before Vince left for a bike ride to Sedona, just in time to kiss him as he left.

I ate a little snack and then did the 30 Day Shred video. Today was supposed to be my day off from running according to my schedule, but I felt like I wanted to do something so I took advantage of it.






Roxanne likes to lay on my yoga mat when I pull it out, getting her dirty paws all over it!

Vince was supposed to take Roxanne on his bike ride, but the person he was driving with didn't want dogs in his car. Lame! So instead, I decided to go on a couple mile hike with her. There is nothing more happy than a dog running free in snow covered woods!


It makes me so incredibly good to see my dog run through the woods, it's her most favorite thing n the world. I feel bad that we don't take her out every day!


My shoes got super muddy...I wish I hadn't worn my nice running shoes!


We ran into a few dogs and I was SO proud of how Roxanne reacted. I'm usually stressed out when she comes upon other dogs, which she picks up on, but I was on such a happy high that I wasn't stressed!
After hiking, we came home and she immediately hit the bed while I made a snack of steak, cauliflower, carrots and onions over quinoa. YES, that's a snack. Now that I'm exercising so much I just eat, eat, eat! I'm definitely craving healthy food, though, which is good!

Now I'm sitting on the couch blogging while Law & Order: SVU plays in the background. After I'm done here I'm going to finish cleaning the house a bit before I FINALLY send off Christmas presents for some family!


I linked up late...but at least I linked up!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a completely fabulous day (^_^) Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds awesome! I think I'm going to check out 30 Day Shred from the library this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love when you link up! And that's why I end it with "what are you thankful for this WEEK?" because what is my Thankful Thursday can be someone else's Thankful Monday, or Friday, or whatever day they choose! Sounds like you had an amazing day!! Here's to a weekend just as great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, God, lady -- those snow path pictures made me INSANELY JEALOUS. I hate winter but I'd love to take a winter hike through those woods! So beautiful, glad you brought your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DO IT. Or just pay 10$ for it. Seriously, it's so insanely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that I've got a whole week to do it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice and warm, so I was happy with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Steffani. Haven't you learned yet that I don't buy things? 
    I shall search Hastings for it tomorrow and purchase it using trade credit. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, so the fact that I'm telling you you MUST buy it is crazy! haha but credit its definitely the preferred way to go!

    ReplyDelete