Thursday, August 4, 2011

Counteraction

Vince was a little...sad...about the last post I wrote, and I do have to blame the people he works with for that. I don't think he would have been upset about it if his friends at work hadn't read it and started making fun of him, so thanks a lot GUYS.

So to counteract making fun of him (all in good humor) a few days ago, this post will be all about some things he does do right. Because honestly, he does more things right than wrong, and while I acknowledge the good things he does in real life, I don't always do it online. I'm not trying to make him look like an asshole or anything, but how often do you guys want to read about mushy gushy 'I'm in love' stuff?! I know I don't like reading it.

So here's some things he does right:

1) He's fine with me crying. (Not that I cry all the time or anything...) Some guys get freaked out when a girl cries and wants nothing to do with them. When I would cry at the beginning of our relationship, he was completely like that, but he's since realized that just because I'm crying doesn't mean he has to do something. He always felt like he had to do something to make me feel better, but he didn't know what, so he would just leave! But now he just lets me cry on his belly or lap on the couch and plays with my hair, which is absolutely one of my favorite things in the entire world. He understands that he doesn't need to do anything and that it's most likely not his fault, and that occasionally, I just exhausted and need to cry.

2) He calls me out on my shit. I'll be honest and say that I'm crazy. I am, and that's why he loves me. I yell, I get angry, I say insane things, and he accepts it. Don't get confused and think he lets me get away with it though. If I'm being totally mean to him when he didn't actually do anything wrong, he'll say so. He'll ask me what is really wrong and he'll try and help me get to the bottom of my anger. (And the answer is usually that I'm hungry. I'm totally serious and embarrassed by that answer.) A lot of the times I don't agree that I'm overreacting and I'll say everything is his fault and storm away, but after thinking about it, I know it isn't. I've been really great at apologizing afterwards (babysteps, people) but I've really been working on not overreacting and trying to catch myself before I go off the deep end.

3) He loves everything around him so much it's sometimes intoxicating. It's kind of weird to compare my dog to my future children, but seeing Vince with Roxanne just melts my heart sometimes. Even though I feel like stabbing her every time she licks my face or lays right on my shoulder and breaths in my ear, he loves it. He's constantly snuggling with her and giving her love and I think it's amazing. He's great about giving her waaaaay too many expensive treats, good walks, and plenty of belly rubs. When I see how he acts around her I am so completely in love with him that I literally feel like I'm going to puke. There's a weird sensation that comes over my body and everything just seems...good. I'm really excited about having our own kids in the future and seeing him extend his love to them as well.

Ok, I've hit the gross part so I will end it here. I do love him. I may joke and make fun of him but it is TRULY all in good fun. It's things I tell him to his face so I don't feel like I'm talking crap about him behind his back, and I wouldn't say anything that's too personal that I think would actually offend him!

I love you!

7 comments:

  1. awwwww i love the part about him with roxi. that is so sweet...and having my hair played with is my absolute favorite thing too! too bad ty just pulls it....hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Steff that was sweet. I know what you mean though, and I feel the same way. I think it's kind of hard too because we live in a pretty sarcastic world and a lot of what is funny these days is sarcastic. It's easy to joke in a sarcastic way and forget it might not always be taken that way. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noodles! Noodles! Noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, your last post was honest which can sometimes sting! But it's clear you love him!

    I think Shaun gets confused about me crying too. He feels SO bad that I'm upset, and wants me to feel better right away...but sometimes, I just need to cry it out and have him hold me -- like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, Vince isn't always great about having it go smoothly, he usually catches a few tangles and rips it out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, and it's so hard to figure it out when writing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see you happen to be an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your facts will likely be quite fascinating for me.. Thanks for all your assist and wishing you all the success.Arizona Diamondbacks Hats,Atlanta Braves Hats,Canada Goose Coats

    ReplyDelete