Sunday, July 10, 2011

Food Love: Pasta Salad


One food that Vince and I LOVE and that is super easy to make is pasta salad. We were originally going to make it when we were camping in Telluride, but we did spaghetti instead and saved the pasta salad for the hotel in Crested Butte.


Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 4        Cook time: 12 minutes         Prep Time: 5 minutes


1 tomato, 6 radishes, 1 red onion, 1 carrot, 1 bell pepper {any color}, 1 green zuchinni, 1/2-1 cup Italian dressing, 3 cups pasta {I use Tinkyada shells}, water

{1} Boil the pasta ccording to packaging directions.
{2} While the pasta is boiling, cut the tomato, radishes, red onion, carrot, bell pepper, and zuchinni into bite size pieces. Mix the veggies up in a large bowl.
{3} When pasta is done, drain all the water and run cold water over it to cool the noodles down. Combine the veggies, noodles, and Italian dressing in the bowl.
{4} Eat!

Side note: I'm a lush when it comes to dressing so I usually put and extra 1/4 cup in each bowl! I love it. The Italian dressing I use is Kraft brand and it just so delicious. According to the package, it is also high fructose corn syrup free! I don't usually care about that stuff, but just in case you do, I recommend it.

Also, if you are gluten free and eat a lot of noodles, BUY IT ONLINE. I love buying it in bulk online. I usually buy enough for one year, which is about 75 or 80 bucks. It's also so much cheaper then paying $4+ at the store!

7 comments:

  1. What site do you buy the pasta at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried heartland pasta? Maybe I've already asked you that but it's only $2 a package and like twice as good. Haven't had it in forever though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually buy it from drugstore.com and have LOVED them, but when I was writing my post I was going to link to them but discovered that they don't sell it anymore! So, I don't know what I'm going to do in the future. It's almost time to buy more! After looking at amazon it seems that they only sell each type of pasta in groups of 12, which I don't like. I like being able to get a variety of types of pasta. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't tried that! I literally haven't seen any brands but Tinkyada and 2 others in any stores here. I can't remember the other two names (but I know it's not heartland) and they were horrible! I'll have to keep an eye out for it though when I am in other cities. I hate having to pay so much for noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMMMMMMMM I WANT THAT!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come and eat it sooonnnn. It would be so good with a veggie torte!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan's mom found some in Walmart recently, I think the new one. I guess it just mixed in with the regular pasta. It's in a baby blue package. =]

    ReplyDelete