Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sore.

So far the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout video has been pretty sweet. I've missed a day {ahem, or two} since I started it, and I can tell a difference after I miss a day because it is sooo HARD. So now I figure that I can't miss another day {except my rest day} or I will just be more miserable when I start again.

I did the video this morning before work and it was a bad idea because now I want a nap! I understand how people who work out can take a nap in the afternoon and still sleep at night...

Luckily I'm watching a movie with the kids at work so I don't have to do anything that requires much energy.

While driving today, I was very aware of what muscles I used on a daily basis. Every time I push in the clutch? I used my abs and inner thighs. Every time I switch gears? I use my chest muscles and arm muscles AND abs. Every time I turn a corner in my car that has now power steering? EVERY MUSCLE IN MY BODY. Everything is still pretty sore, which I attribute to taking to many days of the workout, but things are getting easier. 

Now stretching feels PHENOMENAL. Seriously. When I reach for the sky, I feel like dying of happiness because it feels SO GOOD. I think I want to exercise now just so I can stretch and have that feeling. Weird? I know.

I can't wait until summer comes. According to various weather reports, we are supposed to get anywhere from 2-12 inches of snow. What. The. Hell.

Vince and I were just hiking the other day and he was able to ride his bike on the mountain! Granted, it was a tad bit muddy, but it was wonderful outside. Absolutely perfect.


But that's all about to go away. Meaning I have to continue working out indoors until I can run in the sun and hike around.  =(

3 comments:

  1. I have one of those videos but I haven't had the time/motivation to follow through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT! They're actually pretty fun once you get through the first 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those videos but I haven't had the time/motivation to follow through with it.

    ReplyDelete