Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Vlog. Where I squint a lot.

So I've been seeing a lot of bloggers post vide if themselves reading a list of words and answering some questions. So exciting, I know. Except I truly am excited about it! Haha I'm such a freak. It's so fun to be able to hear peoples voices after reading what they write for so long!

A lot of the time I try and imagine what their voices are like while I read, and all these blogs are proving to me that I am WAY off! I also forget that not everyone on The Internets speaks like me, so I never think of them with an accent. Though I guess I could be considered to have an accent?

The first one I saw was here at one of my new favorite blogs, and from there I found this one and recently came upon this one.

Since I'm home not feeling good, I decided I would try one out for the first time. Do I have to explain how weird and awkward I felt talking to myself? Even my dogs looked at me like I was crazy.

Anyways, without further ado, my lovely face and my beautiful voice. {Ha.} 
Oh, and like my hat? It covers my hair that I haven't washed in a couple days...
{And if you hear music, that's a playlist on another post that I can't figure out how to disable, so just click on the title of the post or go pause the playlist!}

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

{What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?}






{What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?}
{What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?}
{What do you call gym shoes?}
{What do you say to address a group of people?}
{What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?}
{What do you call your grandparents?}
{What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?}
{What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?}
{What is the thing you change the TV channel with?}

It was so fun to see peoples answers to the questions...like potato bug instead of rolly polly? I've never heard of that! Or Granddaddy Longleg? I've only heard Daddy Longleg!

While I was in the PhotoBooth program on my Mac, I came across some old photos that make me kinda miss my long hair! I'll post them later.

If you do a vlog or have already done one, leave a link and let me know! It really is fascinating to hear peoples voices...

10 comments:

  1. ur voice in the video doesnt really sound like you do in person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this?! Is it Connor? Baha but yes, I agree! I didn't talk any differently though, so it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you sound a little different. But everyone does when they make a video. You want to annunciate your words so you don't mumble or anything like you do in real life chatting with friends. Anyway that was really fun to watch lol!!! Ty was like "WTF is she doing??" hahaha I answered EVERY question the same, and I say everything the same as you. =]

    Hope you feel better soon!! Let me know if youw ant me to bring you anything or make/get you some food during work tomorrow if you go. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I still mumbled through the video! And I would think it was weird if I overheard someone watching that video hahahah We both grew up in F-Town so I would think we'd talk the same. =]

    Thank you! I'm feeling better now that I got out and went on a walk with the doggies.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! it has been so fun getting to hear different people do this! i hate my voice in mine. eep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate mine too just because I don't sound like myself! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm in a room with a bunch of people and I feel that they will stare at me all funny if I watch this now but never fear- I will be back! So glad you did it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who is this?! Is it Connor? Baha but yes, I agree! I didn't talk any differently though, so it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW DARE YOU CALL IT A CLICKER??? LOOOL. Just kidding.

    I soo wish I could talk like you. You have the typical midwest "lack" of an accent. Teach me your wayyyyys. I also feel really self conscious now because I've watched a lot of these lately and I am the only one who says "toilet-papering" instead of "tp'ing." Pffffff.

    I'm also the only person who I think understood what the rain falling/sun shining question meant: it's a old-fashioned Southern belief that the Devil is beating his wife. Whether anyone takes this seriously or not I don't know. My mom seemed to. But she's nuts anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Don't be embarrassed about your accent! It's who you are! I LOVE people with accents and wish I had one. The grass is always greener on the other side, right?!

      Delete