Sunday, January 16, 2011

Salutary Sunday

What have I been making this week?
Earrings!

{These are all size 2 gauges.}

In the past I've bought a couple of pairs of polymer clay gauges from an Etsy shop and they were 7 or 8 bucks and I love them. They are super cute, so I wanted to buy some more.

After finding out that she closed down her shop, I researched some other shops. Turns out, a lot of them are SO expensive! Like $30 or $40 for a pair. Um, ya, no thanks.

After seeing a book at the library on polymer clay, I decided I was just going to make my own earrings. The techniques in the book are for making beads, but I can modify them to work for earrings as well.

After making the first pair, I was hooked. I mean, it was so cheap to make them and there are SO many possibilities!

The ones I've been making are SUPER simple, but I'm just doing a few to practice and get used to playing with the clay. Eventually I'll do big fancy ones and add things like beads, tiny mirrors, etc. to make them pop.

**Want some free gauges? I want to mess around and make different size gauges, from sizes 12-00, so if you're in that range, let me know by emailing me @ iffyinklings {at} gmail {dot} com or leave a comment!**

No comments:

Post a Comment