Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ummm...I Ordered Medium, Not Super Extreme Large.

Seriously. When did this happen:


I ordered a MEDIUM soda, not a super extreme large soda.
{And my hands are huge man hands, so the cup truly is big.}

When I worked at Jack in the Box {my first job ever, as a measly 15 year old...} this cup ^ would have been the Extra Large size, I shit you not.

Maybe things are different at Burger King, where I got this soda, or maybe America is truly super sizing everything.

I've had a Burger King gift card for almost 6 YEARS now, and I thought I would use it because it was still good. They have gluten free french fries, so I ordered a small fry {which was the size of what used to be a medium fry} and a medium soda. When I was thinking of medium, I was thinking 16 ounces, which is what they used to be. A small = 10 oz, a medium = 16 oz. Simple as that.

But not anymore.

Then the guy hands me the cup and I was like, "What?! That's seriously a medium?" Needless to say, he looked at me like a psychotic white woman who was worried about getting fat. I was tempted to tell him I'm crazy if I have too much sugar, but I think he would have completely thought I was nuts.

I reluctantly filled up the cup all the way because in a way I felt obligated to. Don't ask me why I did, I just did. I also felt obligated to drink the whole thing, because I payed for it. Well, I didn't pay for it, some family member I don't remember payed for it. I was only able to finish like 1/2 of it, though, before I felt like my teeth were rotting and that my stomach was going to explode. When you don't eat sugar often, you're much more sensitive to it!

Anyways, how long have cups been like this?! Because I can only eat like one thing off any fast food menu, I never go there, so I've been out of the loop for a couple years!

Izobel did enjoy licking the grease off my face though.

5 comments:

  1. Oh GOODNESS. The cups have been this way for a while, and even though I *know* this - I STILL FORGET. It's probably the worst at Wendy's- their small is basically a large and I always order a medium, so I end up with an extra large. But I drink it all.. because I'm a soda addict. I'm trying so hard to quit.

    I need to cut out fast food all together. I'm doing better these days but man, it's hard when you just really want something right now! Chipotle is sort of my in between fast food.. and I get the vegetarian bowl so that seems better than chicken nuggets, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I had to stop eating sugar, I was SUCH a soda addict. I would drink multiple cans a day! I think I'm just addicted to the carbonation.

    I agree with it being hard to cut out fast food. Before I went gluten free I went there all the time, and it was cheap which always makes it easier. We just got a Chipotle {but unfortunately I can't eat there!} but it sounds so amazing. And it sounds healthy, so that's a great in between. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely HATE fast food. i only eat it when i cant afford to get something good. (okay i know vegetables are cheap, but when you don't even have basic things like pasta, salt, milk, or eggs you have to buy a million things for ONE meal). i really need help. i want to be more like you. lol. and unfortunately, i love pepsi....it's the only soda really...but (sad to say) i can drink one of those big drinks. it is crazy how big they are getting. that one you got is way too big for a medium lol. most places arent like that i dont think. Fabian was laughing SO HARD when he came here and got a GIANT soda LOL! i think a 44oz or something for 88cents on the way to California....wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved fast food when I could eat it haha Jack in the Box eggrolls? Yes, please! And I love Pepsi, I still drink the at work for my sugar 'prize' of the day. I used to be able to guzzle a huge soda, but not any more. It's such a weird feeling! And ya, I can't believe how cheap soda's are for such big quantities, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely HATE fast food. i only eat it when i cant afford to get something good. (okay i know vegetables are cheap, but when you don't even have basic things like pasta, salt, milk, or eggs you have to buy a million things for ONE meal). i really need help. i want to be more like you. lol. and unfortunately, i love pepsi....it's the only soda really...but (sad to say) i can drink one of those big drinks. it is crazy how big they are getting. that one you got is way too big for a medium lol. most places arent like that i dont think. Fabian was laughing SO HARD when he came here and got a GIANT soda LOL! i think a 44oz or something for 88cents on the way to California....wow.

    ReplyDelete