Thursday, December 16, 2010

Suzie's Baby Shower

{{So this post will ultimately be about my sister Suzanne's baby shower with lots of pictures, but first I have to say CONGRATS to her! She passed her GED test and I am so extremely proud of her I started crying at work. I was worried that she wouldn't get it before the little babe came but she went and took it. I am seriously so proud of her, I can't even express it.
YAY!!
I love you Suz.}}


Suzanne had her baby shower the first week of December and it was so fun! It was at Jotini's Restaurant and it was adorable. When you first walked in you saw these darling towers of diapers and baby cloths...


...and the party favors all over the table...


A lot of friends and family were there, and it was great for me to be able to meet some of Nick's family.





There were a lot of fun games as well.
One of them was being the fastest to suck apple juice out of a bottle, which a lot of people had trouble with...





{Winner}



...rubbing an ice cube between your hands until you got the little pacifier out of it...


...examining 'poopy' diapers and seeing which candy bar it was...


...guessing how many baby pins were in the jar...


...and of course the clothes pin game where we couldn't say the word 'baby' or cross our legs {which was SO hard}...


After the games, we ate some really good food...


My grandma and I obviously couldn't have the bread because it has gluten, but we asked the kitchen staff to make a sandwich without bread and the happily did. The lunch was so yummy and the tuna salad was amazing.

After lunch, Suz opened all her million presents.


I think she was worried about having stuff for the baby, but she doesn't need to worry now! She got plenty of cute tiny clothes, a bassinet, a changing table, a high chair, toys, organizing things...so much stuff!



One thing that my mom has talked about for years was putting all our hundreds of baby pictures into baby books when we have kids. My mom must have worked constantly on them {there were 3 or 4} to get them done for my sister! The books were so cute.


Nick got there at the end of the shower and was shocked by all the stuff that was theirs.



He kept asking, "This is all ours? This? This too?!" It was hilarious.

Lastly, congratulations to the happy couple! I can't wait to meet baby Alyla!



No comments:

Post a Comment