Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Scramblin' Eggs

I am not a morning person, whatsoever. If I could, I would sleep until 11 or 12 everyday and just stay up late at night. Since we moved into the new house, though, I've been waking up by 7:30 everyday and laying in bed until 8 or 8:30 and it's been so nice. The bedroom is on the east side of the house so we get bright sunlight pretty early and I LOVE it. It is so helpful in getting up out of bed in the morning and then i'm ready for bed by 10:30.

On Saturday morning, instead of sleeping half the day, I woke up and made Vince and I breakfast since we both had the day off. Needless to say, he was shocked that I made so much food because I'm never up for breakfast!

I made some scrabbled eggs, hash browns and green tea.


Here's my recipe for eggs:

Peppered Eggs
Serving Size: 2-3

6 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2-1 cup cheese {I used cheddar}
10 corn tortillas, cut up into 1/2 inch squares
1 bell pepper, diced {I used red}
2 tsp minced garlic
salt
pepper
Tony Chacher's Creole Seasoning {optional, but DELICIOUS}

In a medium-large mason jar {or bowl}, combine eggs and milk. Shake the jar {or beat eggs with a whisk} for about a minute. By doing this, the eggs will get fluffy when cooking. Pour the eggs/milk into a large saute pan, and add the cheese, tortillas, bell pepper, garlic and seasonings.


Cook on medium-high heat until eggs are thoroughly cooked and not runny. Eat with a healthy serving of ketchup.

I first tried Tony Chacher's Creole Seasoning at my grandmas and I was hesitant.


I put it in my hominy soup {recipe coming soon} and it was the best thing I've ever eaten. I went to Fry's and bought it immediately for like $2 or $3. The seasoning just brings everything up a notch. Watch out though, it can get spicy and make you look like this weirdo:

3 comments:

  1. Just have to tell you that I use Tony's on EVERYTHING!!! I've even considered sprinkling it on my ice cream. :) It is DANG good stuff! Nice to see a fellow Tony's fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started to put it on everything too! Haha I've talked about it to so many people and no one has heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to tell you that I use Tony's on EVERYTHING!!! I've even considered sprinkling it on my ice cream. :) It is DANG good stuff! Nice to see a fellow Tony's fan.

    ReplyDelete