Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Carnivore Chronicles"



I was supposed to work from 1-9 tonight, but luckily the city shut down at 3. In one way it's great, because I get to go home. In another way, it's not great because I don't get paid for it, so it comes out of my vacation time. I would only have tomorrow night to make it up since I have holiday pay on Friday and Saturday we're closed. I know, I should be happy that I even get vacation pay, but after 5 days off in a row and being sick, I didn't want to be stuck in the house any more!

I got home around 3:15, read a little bit of the book The Glass Castle, and I am now in love with it. It's such a great book, highly recommended! {I should really post some books that I don't like, so it doesn't seem like I love every book I read...}

While I was reading, Roxanne just ran and ran and ran around the backyard for about an hour. She truly loves the snow.


I also watched an episode or two of Bones. I started watching it instantly on Netflix and my immediate thought was that the main character, Temperance, was an awful actress, until I realized she was just a genius and I'm assuming slightly autistic, and that she was supposed to be extremely awkward. The first 3 or 4 episodes I watched I was like, God, this show is awful. But now I'm addicted and am on Season 4!

After that I ate some potato soup and watched a documentary on cults. I know, my life is so exciting.

When Vince got home, he took over the TV and watched Man vs Food. We frequently watch the food shows, and every time, Vince always says, "Are you getting this? Are you listening to this recipe? Right it down. We have to make this." Every. Single. Time.

{Side note: As I was putting the finishing touches on this post, Vince elbowed me and said, "Dude, you have to listen to this." And then to himself, "Green chilies? Really? Oh my god. Oh. My. God"}

Well, tonight I was supposed to make some lasagna, but decided I didn't want to and told him to eat leftovers. After watching the show though, he got some ideas. He was going to make a sandwich with pastrami, sauerkraut, mustard, jalepeno cheese, hash browns {seriously}, A1 Sauce and an over easy egg.



I didn't have any gluten free bread so I didn't participate in this monstrosity, but I must say that it smelled fantastic. His creations don't always come out very well, but this one may have been my favorite, had I been able to eat it. I mean, LOOK AT IT. Yum.

And yes, those are 2 FULL sandwiches, not mini ones. And he scarfed them down in like 6 minutes.

After eating, Vince and I took Roxi on a hike in the woods to play in the snow and she was so stoked. She loves the snow almost more than she loves Vince and I. We hiked for probably a mile, which doesn't seem like much, but with big boots and 9 inches of snow, uphill, IN THE DARK, it was kind of rough. But it was a lot of fun and wore Rox out.

While I'm dreading waking up tomorrow morning to shovel massive amounts of snow and drive down a treacherous hill, I'm just fine sitting on the couch with my loves and drinking some warm sleepy time tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment