Sunday, November 14, 2010

Space Cadet in Aisle 7

So last night, I was cooking a really quick new meal {which I will blog about later!} and wanted some corn bread with it. I had mixed everything and just needed to add buttermilk, so I went to get milk from my fridge to make some. Then I realized I had no milk! {I've been eating like 5 bowls of cereal a day for the past couple days and totaly downed pretty much the whole 1/2 gallon.} I decided to scratch the cornbread and do dishes while the food was cooking.

Then I realized I was out of dish soap! As I was getting frustrated and grumbling, Vince also
said he ran out of deodorant, so I decided to go to Target. As I was getting ready, I changed my mind and decided to just go to Walgreens, because I knew I would want to buy a bunch of stuff I didn't need{and wasn't in my budget!} if I went to Target.

I got in my car and started repeating my list out loud so I would remember everything. I told myself, "Three things: deodorant, milk, soap. DMS. Three things." I have to tell myself these things because I have the WORST memory, I kid you not. So I kept repeating this to myself as I drove to the store and walked through the store.

I first picked up deodorant. I knew exactly where that was. Then I proceeded to the kitchenaid aisle, or Aisle 7. I kept walking up and down it and could not find soap. There were bottle
openers, steam cleaners, sponges, drying racks...everything that I did not need. I couldn't find the soap anywhere! One thing I did find though, was a kitchen timer.

I have been telling myself for over a year that I need to get a timer. I am really bad at remembering the time I put something in the oven{again with the memory}, and I don't have a microwave to put a timer on. So I quickly swiped up that timer for only $3.99. I started to move on to the next item on my list and froze. The kitchen timer was not on my list. I couldn't think of the rest of my list because it threw me off!

So I walked up and down every single aisle trying to remember what I needed. I quickly remember milk when I walked past the pudding {weird thing to trigger my memory}. I couldn't remember the last item on my list for the life of me!

So I continued to walk up and down the aisles. Luckily, I found the dish soap after a short time. Aisle 7 was two separate aisles, 7a and 7b, and I had been looking in 7a the whole time. As I went towards the register I also picked up two Snickers bars.

So when I checked out I had:
1 gallon of milk
1 deodorant stick
1 kitchen timer
1 bottle of dish soap
2 Snickers bars

Anyone else have such a weird assortment of items?!


Side note: I can't believe how many people read my blog. It's only like 50 people a day, but that's 48 more than I thought would read it! So since I can't think of 50 people that would read it, you guys should introduce yourselves to me! I've gotten quite a few emails from people, but they are never signed. =[ And if you have a blog, you should leave me a link.

I bet you all just come here to look at pictures of my dog.
In human clothes.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way your writing just flows. You don't need any structure. It just FLOWS!

    (As usual...we are like identical...lol)
    I do the SAME EXACT thing alllll the time!
    And as I was reading, I too tried to remember "Deodorant - Milk - Soap -- DMS"!!

    Reading on: You saw a kitchen timer. I thought to myself "HEY! Maybe I need a kitchen timer because I ALWAYS burn stuff." Then I remembered Ty told me to use the timer on the microwave. Our microwave has an actual timer on it. I told myself I will definitely use that timer next time, and I wondered WHYYY I didn't use it before!

    Then I stopped reading after that paragraph to try to remember what it was you were supposed to get...AND...needless to say, I FORGOT!!!! LOL!!!

    I literally stopped looking at the monitor to try to think of it. About 2 minutes later I read on.

    All of your blog posts are so quirky, funny, intelligent, interesting, and entertaining--I could write a list of adjectives to describe them, but I'll stop there ;] haha

    It's sooo cool that you have that many readers. And yes, the pictures of cute lil Roxi (among the others) definitely help. I love it!!! I wish I had something to write about in my blog!

    ♥Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love =]

    I love how we are the same with SO many things. It's so crazy! Between the two of us we'll have the worst memory haha We can't go anywhere together alone or we may just get lost.

    When I first started the blog, I had nothing to write about, but it also felt like I was trying to write to please someone {though I really had no one reading haha} but once I started to write just to write, things started to come! Just give it time. :D

    <3 Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm--must be related. I stopped at KMart to pick up vitamins on sale for BOGOfree--ended up with blue bath towel with white snowflakes, a Chia Pet with cat grass, a red T-Fall fry pan, 2 Milky Way Caramel bars, 3 cans Roast Beef Hash, big Christmas bells for the front door, cat snax, bag of Purina Cat Chow (on sale!), a gag gift for my sis (ribbon candy) and a stuffed Woodstock with music! Ended up with a rain check for the vitamins--they were out! ♥U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hh my god Gram, that is so awesome. I love how you bought all that stuff yet still didn't get vitamins! Ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm--must be related. I stopped at KMart to pick up vitamins on sale for BOGOfree--ended up with blue bath towel with white snowflakes, a Chia Pet with cat grass, a red T-Fall fry pan, 2 Milky Way Caramel bars, 3 cans Roast Beef Hash, big Christmas bells for the front door, cat snax, bag of Purina Cat Chow (on sale!), a gag gift for my sis (ribbon candy) and a stuffed Woodstock with music! Ended up with a rain check for the vitamins--they were out! ♥U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks love =]

    I love how we are the same with SO many things. It's so crazy! Between the two of us we'll have the worst memory haha We can't go anywhere together alone or we may just get lost.

    When I first started the blog, I had nothing to write about, but it also felt like I was trying to write to please someone {though I really had no one reading haha} but once I started to write just to write, things started to come! Just give it time. :D

    <3 Me

    ReplyDelete