Sunday, November 14, 2010

Current Stresses.

Sometimes I get so stressed about things I shouldn't. I start to panic that we're not saving enough money to be able to have a kid or buy a nice car or a house. I want all these things now, or at least soon. I know that isn't fathomable right now, but I can still want it, right? I don't know any people who are 19 that own nice cars or a house {unless their parents have paid for it}, so I don't know why I'm stressing. I know I'm not like almost any teen I know, but I'm not that different. I still have to work on having a savings, going to school, and building my credit.

One thing that makes me confident that I will have these things one day is that I do try and it is constantly on my mind. I have thousands in my retirement account, I'm building my credit the right way and never carry a balance, I save money anywhere I can, and I have a food storage.
How many other teens can say they are doing this?! I truly have nothing to worry about.

I just need to relax and take in the now. I have been trying really hard to work on that, and I have absolutely seen improvement. The main thing I'm focusing on is traveling with Vince. We know that after we have kids, it will be a LOT harder to travel. We want to see so many places and we want to find somewhere we want to raise our kids and live our lives, whether it be in Flagstaff or not. I know that I need to focus on what's going on in my life currently, because time flies! I won't always be young, I won't always have such a free schedule, and Vince and I are still growing together. We still need time to focus on us.

Everyday I try to remind myself of what I like today. I like my dog, I like not having to vacuum, I like Vince, etc and it's been helpful.

And I need to focus on taking this girl on more hikes!
What are your stresses?

3 comments:

  1. Well, its me again. I stress about money too, i think everyone does; it tends to creep in whenever we let our guard down. In the recent past I have worried about sending Ynara to the right school, whether I am being too mean to her, whether she will give her brother emotional scars because she's jealous of him etc.. But, as you know, the list can go on and on. Once you have the nice car, nice house or whatever, something else will pop up for you to worry about unless you change your thought pattern.Focusing on what you like is a great way to fill up the space so that the worry doesn't come in and take over. I like to think of what I'm thankful for and go over that list in my mind and let myself get to feeling good from thinking of this stuff. That way, my mind gets sort of addicted to that good feeling and recognizes contrastly how yucky the worrying feels when it does seep in. Thinking positively about stuff like retirement is a really good idea, though. You are uber-mature and have your $%^& well together for someone of any age. Rock on. Sofya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know someone else out there thinks the way I do. =] I can understand (as much as I can while not being a parent) what your feeling are about Ynara, and I must tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you are a great parent to those 2 precious babes! I'm glad that you pointed out that there will always be 'something' I'm after or trying to achieve. I never actually thought of that, and I don't know why! It's it totally true though. And I think being addicted to that good feeling would be a great addiction to have. I'll keep working on it! =] Thanks Sof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, its me again. I stress about money too, i think everyone does; it tends to creep in whenever we let our guard down. In the recent past I have worried about sending Ynara to the right school, whether I am being too mean to her, whether she will give her brother emotional scars because she's jealous of him etc.. But, as you know, the list can go on and on. Once you have the nice car, nice house or whatever, something else will pop up for you to worry about unless you change your thought pattern.Focusing on what you like is a great way to fill up the space so that the worry doesn't come in and take over. I like to think of what I'm thankful for and go over that list in my mind and let myself get to feeling good from thinking of this stuff. That way, my mind gets sort of addicted to that good feeling and recognizes contrastly how yucky the worrying feels when it does seep in. Thinking positively about stuff like retirement is a really good idea, though. You are uber-mature and have your $%^& well together for someone of any age. Rock on. Sofya

    ReplyDelete