Sunday, July 4, 2010


Banana muffins.
That's all you have to say, at any moment of the day, to get my mouth salivating.

Banana muffins or banana bread might be my favorite baked item.
So, after trying about 10 different variations of a
basic gluten-free muffin recipe that I got from my grandma,
I think I have perfected it.
I am so stoked!

The problem with cooking delicious semi-sweet food like muffins
is that my love doesn't like sweets.
I know. What?
So you may understand my shock when
I realized that I made 19 of them last night around 10, and there are 4 left.
Oh my.
Good thing I have 2 more bananas almost ready to be turned into deliciousness.
So here is my version of

Gluten Free, Dairy Free,
Egg Free and Soy Free Banana Muffins

2 cups Gluten-Free flour mix (I use Bette Hagman's GF mix)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt

1 cup milk (I used rice milk)
1 egg OR 1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup veggie/canola oil
2-3 medium bananas
(I used 2 really ripe ones and 1/2 of a firm one)

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cupcake pan.

Combine dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
In a cereal bowl, mix wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Scoop batter into cupcake pan and fill each circle 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes then devour with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment