Sunday, April 22, 2012

Holla

Times flying, you guys, and it's freakin' me out! Sorry if you hate 'update posts', but here's another. It's so much easier sometimes to write out a list than a real blog post. Hopefully once summer is here it'll be easier!

---I'm gearing up for the end of the semester and I'm SO ready for it to be over. I'll only have about 3 weeks before I start summer classes, but those are both online, which I like a lot.

---I had my niece this week! After eating her snacks in a wooden box, I took her swimming. As I've said before, she LOVES water and was so excited to go in the pool. Our local pool has a shallow area for toddlers to play in, so she played there for a while and then we went in the big pool so I could do some cross training for my running program. I basically swam backwards while holding her and walked around the 'lazy river' a bit. I kept holding her out to the side of me and she would kick her legs and flail her arms. She'll be a swimmer soon!
Photobucket
---Last week it snowed about a foot and Vince, Roxi and I drove up to the top of Shultz and played around in the snow. Roxi loves the snow and it was a good time to get out and hike with Vince. Luckily, it all melted the next day. Literally.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

---We've been getting some fun things from our CSA share like cactus and raw local honey! I've been hesitant to have honey ever since I was sick with the flu a couple months ago because I had honey that day and did not enjoy having it come back up, so hopefully I get over that soon so I can enjoy some!

---I went to a friends baby shower today! I love anything related to babies, so I had a good time with some awesome ladies. I gave her some of her gifts but I took back one, since I'm still making it. It's a decorated piggy bank! I'll post pictures of it when I'm finished.
Photobucket


---There's a taco place across the street from my house, and Vince and I love going there. It sometimes sucks though because their hours are SO inconsistent that I feel like punching the owner in the face. It says on the doors that the winter hours are 11-8, but sometimes they close at 4pm, and sometimes they close at 2am! It doesn't make any sense and annoys me when I'm looking forward to eating there to find out they closed 3 hours early. Either way, their chips and salsa are delicious.

---WHY did Picnik have to close? Arg.

---IT'S SUMMER FOLKS. Unfortunately a cold hit me on the head all of the sudden so I'm going to sit on my couch, drink some tea, read a bit of my book, and watch some Netflix.

I've got a couple of posts that are in the works (I just need to add things like pictures) so I'll be back soon!

8 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so happy you posted again!
    What pool has a lazy river?!!? =D
    Also, picnic reopened as picmonkey.com but you can't make collages on it yet, just edit photos one at a time. =]
    And yay for being back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aquaplex! Though I wouldn't call it a real lazy river because the water doesn't actually push you around...it's a river style area you go around!

      I'mm have to check out pic monkey, I'm already having withdrawals! Hopefully they'll have collage options up soon.

      Delete
  2. Picmonkey is awesome (I just use Picassa for collages)!

    Your dog is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'll have to check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of the snow and the trees! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, love the snow photos =) I heard of gluten free stuff, never really had time to look into it much tho =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the snow as well! I'm glad it's gone though, I'm ready for spring.

      And if I didn't HAVE to be, I'm sure I wouldn't have looked into it either!

      Delete