Thursday, March 15, 2012

CSA Goodies and Update

Sometimes when I don't blog in a long time, I shy away from coming back. It's like I've done a bad thing! But I'm here. Kind of. I've been out of the blogging groove so I'm at the point where I don't even know how to write anymore or know what to write about. So, I'm just writing to write, and hopefully this will turn into something coherent. And if not? Oh well. Maybe I'll just make this into a list post. Things are so much easier when they are lists!

Vince and I went to California. We drove out and stayed at his mom and aunts for a night. The next day we hangout in downtown Santa Barbara before Vince and I went to our campsite. We camped for a couple nights and then went to his dad and step moms to stay for the night. We played golf and went bowling, as well as a quick hike! Though it was cloudy most of the time, it was nice to take a little vacation and eat some good food. I'll post some more pictures and stories from our trip later.
The stairs at our campsite. 

A park where I waited for Vince after his bike ride. Isn't this a dreamy picture?!


I signed up for the CSA! Woohoo! It was on my goal list for the year and I'm excited about it. I signed up in the nick of time yesterday, which was the last day to sign up for the spring share! I don't know what urged me to go yesterday, but I'm glad I finally did. We got the first share today.


It's not what I was expecting, but at the same time I don't know what I expected! I was thinking I'd get more fruit than just grapefruit, especially after the large amount of food from Bountiful Baskets last summer. I reminded myself that it's still winter though, and that more will come later!
We signed up for the full spring share, which is pickup once a week from March 15-May 31. It was pretty pricey compared to Bounitful Baskets, BUT I get it every week and it is supporting a truly local farm! I just love that. They have 'farm days' where supporters can go check out the farm and get a tour and harvest some food. I can't wait to do one of those and see where my food comes from. It's kind of an invigorating and inspiring thing to know that I can see the farm where my food came from whenever I want!

I also bought some chocolate form the CSA so I can make some real Mexican hot cocoa...my favorite!

I bought a juicer after wanting one for so long, and I'm dying for it to get here. The 2 that I wanted that were available online weren't available in stores, so I ordered one online. Luckily I had some reward money for Best Buy so it ended up sooting me almost nothing! I bought a big 5lb bag of organic carrots that are just waiting to be juiced!

I got a job at Black Hound Gallerie. I've done a couple days of orientation and have my first real day tomorrow night! I've been a customer of BHG for years and have always loved the place, so I'm happy to be part of the team now. I'm also stoked that I get to 'dress up' for work now! I've been interested in wearing fun clothes recently, but have had nowhere to wear them. I couldn't wear stuff to the library because of all the creeps and it's just not the same dressing up for class! Now I'll be able to look cute at work and wear fun things like yellow pants and pink shoes!

Lastly, this speaks to my soul. I love everything about this girl! Her spunk, her music, her moves!


10 comments:

  1. That IS a dreamy picture, and I love the campsite stairs too! They remind me of something out of a beachy movie.
    Congrats on Blackhound! I'm planning to shop there next month so maybe I'll see ya! And also, I LOVE your yellow pants and pink shoes! I can't really pull off pants, but you definitely can and I love they're a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      You can definitely pull off pants, you just have to get the right style! There are so many styles that I look horrible in, it's all about finding the right one(s).

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! I've been thinking about joining a CSA as well...maybe it's not too late here....will have to check it out. Good luck with your first day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out the CSA, it's so worth it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I'm in love with those yellow pants!! :) Happy weekend, dear. xo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pretty in love with them too!!

      Delete
  4. I love the picture of the park. Also, I want to try a CSA or Bountiful Baskets out here, but I am waiting to look into after we find out if we are moving or not. Dave is possibly being offered a job in Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he gets a job there, it would be nicer to live there than Pahrump I would imagine!

      Delete
  5. I need to check into local CSA's around here

    ReplyDelete