Thursday, September 29, 2011

Food Love: Over-Easy Egg in a Pepper

Side Note: I'm going to be playing around with my blog design over hte next few days, so if it looks weird, that's why!

For part of the wedding dinner we had shish-kabobs and we bought way to much food which meant we were left with tons of bell peppers! So for breakfast, I made a delicious egg-in-a-hole in a bell pepper, instead of a piece of bread. I can't find the site where I found the idea, but I think it was like Martha Stewart of something...either way, it's delicious! I really really love over easy eggs but sometimes I need something else with it so that I don't get a stomach ache and a bell pepper is perfect.

Over-Easy Egg in a Pepper
Makes 2 Servings      Prep Time: 2 minutes     Cook Time: 5 minutes

4 eggs
1 bell pepper (any color but green will be best!)
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper

Directions:
Step 1: Cut the bell pepper into four 1/2 inch rings.
Step 2: Add oil to a large skillet and turn on medium heat.
Step 3: Add the four bell peppers to the heated pan and let cook for about a minute. Add one egg to the center of each bell pepper ring and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook for 3-4 minutes until the top of the egg is starting to bubble and the whites are mostly cooked, but not the yolk.
Step 4: Flip the egg and let cook for another 30 seconds, then remove and eat! If you do not want an over easy egg, let cook for another minute and then remove.

I finished my eggs off with a nice cup of Vanilla Bean Coffee from World Market. I was shopping there the other day and was smelling this amazing coffee so I tried a sample of it. It was so delicious! I like my coffee black and it's not too strong; I've drank it every day since!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not an egg-over-easy fan but this just gave me an excellent idea for a scrambled egg breakfast bowl! Been missing you in the blogging world but I understand. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that sounds good! Especially if you baked a half pepper and then put a scrambled egg in or something? I'm hoping to be back in the blogging world! Now that the wedding is over I have a little bit of time on my hands...when I'm not working or going to school! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it's hard. Obviously wedding planning on such a short timeline makes it a tad harder, but work and school lives so little time! I'm glad those days are over for me. You'll feel great when you're done too. =]

    I was thinking that, and I was thinking I scramble and egg with sausage, onions and something else and put it in the pepper, then bake for a few minutes with cheese on top. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I'll be happy when those days are over and I only have to work 3 12-hour shifts at the hospital! It'll be great. 

    And yum, that sounds so good right now!!!

    ReplyDelete