Monday, June 20, 2011

Adult Onesie

So far in my packing/happily-getting-rid-of-everything-I-own debacle, I have come across a few things that have made me laugh, some things that have made me want to cry, and some things that just make me cringe. One of the things that made me do all three was this:


Yes. That's me in an adult onesie. With ducks on it. And a butt flap.

Would you believe me if I told you this was one of the first Christmas presents Vince gave me, and he was over-the-moon excited about it?

At the time Vince and I had a shared bank account. He told me that he was spending $50 on my Christmas present and that I was going to LOVE it. He went on and on about it for a couple of weeks saying how excited he was to give it to me and that I could NOT check our bank statement because it would give away what he bought. It was so hard not to peek because I just wanted to know what it was!

When he gave it to me I just started laughing. I'm pretty sure the first thing I politely said was, "THIS WAS FIFTY FREAKING DOLLARS. Seriously?" And then I cried a little inside because we were super broke and HELLO, a onesie? How often was I going to wear it?! 

Between the time he gave it to me and now, I have worn it approximately one time, and that happened to be on the day he gave it to me. 


I asked him yesterday when I was packing if I could get rid of it, and he looked a little hurt while I was laughing at him. He of course said that I had to keep it and I guess I will for a little while longer, but I will still probably not wear it anytime soon. The butt-flap doesn't stay closed because I'm too tall for it!

Have any of you gotten any 'awesome' presents that you were just soooo excited about?

{A Note to Vince: I still love you! ♥ }

8 comments:

  1. I love the onesie and the story behind it! ha ha ha! Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story had me ROLLING! I LOVE how excited he was.. and am also appalled at how in the world it was fifty bucks. None-the-less, I agree you should keep it, maybe make a halloween costume one year,  who knows when you will need an adult onesie with butt flaps!!!!

    <3
    Crystal

    ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a yard sale this morning and didn't have the guts to sell it! So now I will keep it, and wear it for Halloween next year like you said. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. but where the heck did he get it!? my other half wants one badly (must have butt flap) but the internet is not coughing up answers!? help!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly have no idea! He never told me, just somewhere online. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, this site has them! Not all have flaps but most do...they say they have the 'drop seat' haha  http://www.pajamacity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like too footed pajamas but I don't have!!!
    Greetings from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete