Monday, April 11, 2011

Warby Parker

After reading a post on SheWearsCrazyWell about Warby Parker glasses and the fact they will send you 5 frames to try on for free, of course I signed up! The deal is that you pick out 5 frames from their website, they send them to you for free, you try them on to see if you like them, and then you send them back for free. Pretty sweet, right?

So I picked 5 frames and when they arrived I was excited to try them on. I was pretty confident that NONE of them would look good on me, and I was pretty much right. So instead of using this opportunity to buy a new pair of glasses, I used it as an excuse for a time-wasting photoshoot. Here are the results:


I think this is my favorite picture of me, ever:


Except maybe the dinosaur one. It's hard to choose. This picture totally captures the essence of exactly who I am: an awkward person.

I kind of like this pair on me, but I'm not stoked enough about them to pay $100{which is actually pretty cheap for glasses!}.


Needless to say, I sent them all back. 
It was fun to try them on at home instead of at the eye doctor where  you feel extremely awkward looking at yourself in the mirror. 

13 comments:

  1. hahahahahaaha i love those pictures. and i think you're more like the one in the middle on the bottom. (hahaha jk =P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha! You crack me up! I do like those last ones you had on and the first ones you had on! But...I understand...I found only 2 out of them all that I looooved. :) I'm so glad you gave it a try and had fun with it! I am also very appreciative for your kind link to me! Hee hee...Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you're too cute! I just got new glasses last week and they are almost exactly the same as my last pair... I'm always afraid every pair will make me look more like how you felt in all of those! I like your red glasses any ways though. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the ones you picked out for you, they are so cute! I wish I could pull them off...

    And of course I'd link to ya. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny because i think the white ones that look somewhat good on me look the EXACT same as the red ones...except the color obviously. I think there are a lot of glasses that would look good on your face though! My face is so weirdly shaped haha And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After you said that I looked at the white ones again and I think you're right... but yeah, probably not worth $100 to me. They have to be just right for me to pay that much for them. I need to find a way to get glasses for free. =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do that, and then let me know! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are such a nerd! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, that is true. Haha, I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha you make me laugh, I love all of your different faces. I really like the black rims on you! $100 is pricey though so I don't blame you for buying any.
    I totally agree, I always feel so awkward trying on glasses at the eye doctor. haha glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessssss, I knew I'd seen that yarn tree picture SOMEWHERE! Can't wait to see it all decorated! =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha I'm glad you found it! I'll post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete