Thursday, April 14, 2011

A, B, C, easy as 1, 2, 3

Today, I am feeling sickly. My stomach hurts so bad and it literally feels like I've done 500 sit ups, it's so sore. I don't get it! I am couch bound because every time I stand up I feel incredibly nauseous and light headed, meaning I get to catch up on the stack of movies I have checked out from the library.

So far I've watched Morning Glory, which was awesome, and The Romantics, which was...eh. I am watching Morning Glory once again with Vince, because he wanted to watch it. I really want to watch Monster, though. For some reason I always thought this was a horror movie, but a friend recently told me it's about a prostitute that kills the men and takes their money, plus it's based on a true story. That movie is SO up my alley, and I'm excited to watch it.

I know I couldn't sleep all day because I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight, so I decided to do an ABC post. I have quite a few new followers, so this can also be a kind of 'get to know me' post. You can also click HERE to read more about me!

{This was stolen from Janna Lynn!}

A= Available:
That's a big fat negative. 



B= Best Friend:
That's a hard one because I have different friends for different needs! The ladies that I think will always be in my life, though, and Annie, Cori, Veronica, and my sister Suzanne. 

C= Cake or pie:
Brownies. I don't really like cake. Maybe pumpkin pie though.

D= Drink of choice:
Water, Sparkling water, or Pepsi.

E= Essential item you use everyday:
Toothbrush!

F= Favorite color:
Olive green.

G= Gummy bears or worms:
Sour worms!

H= Hometown:
Flagstaff, AZ


I= Indulgences:
Any and all food!

J= January or February:
February, it's closer to the summer.


K= Kids and Names:
I really like the name Thatcher Rey for a girl, but I'm pretty sure Vince won't let that happen...and for boys I don't really care! Vince wants to name one of our girls Tamara, but I think she would get made fun of because it sounds too much like tomorrow.

L= Life is incomplete without:
Loved ones.

M= Marriage date:
Sometime in the future.

N= Number of siblings:
2 younger brothers and 1 older sister.

O= Oranges or apples:
Hmmm, oranges?

P= Phobias or Fears:
Finding a dead body, or looking out a window and seeing someone's face.

Q= Favorite Quote:
"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

{Yeats}


I really want to get the last line as a tattoo! This quote has been a favorite for a LONG time. In 4th or 5th grade I read a book that I can't remember the title of, though it started with a B. It's about an African American boy growing up in a ghetto-ish neighborhood and he's gay. It kind of talks about his struggle with his friends, and it's about his summer. As soon as I read the quote I wrote it down and I still have the paper somewhere in my very young handwriting!

R= Reason to smile:
Pretty much everything about life!

S= Season:
Monsoon season.

T= Tag 3 or 4 people:
All of you!


U= Unknown fact about me:
Every other week at work, I have a program for the kids called Game Day and they get to play a bunch of video games and board games. One of the games is Rock Band on the Xbox 360, and they usually choose Beatles Rock Band over Lego Rock Band. That means I listen to pretty much the SAME THREE BEATLES SONGS for 2 1/2 hours straight. Now, every time I hear a Beatles song I literally cringe. I'm starting to hate them.

V= Vegetable you don't like:
None, I LOVE them all.


W= Worst habit:
Leaving my floss on the table next to the couch instead of throwing it away. DON'T JUDGE ME. Vince hates it.

X= X-rays :
Yep, on my back, wrists, teeth, gall bladder...

Y= Your favorite food:
Anything that's gluten free. I love waaaay too much food to list!

Z= Zodiac Sign:
Cancer.

10 comments:

  1. So sorry you're feeling ill!
    My favorite thing to do is tell people they're probably pregnant any time they feel slightly off... even if they're eight, even if they're a man, even if they're already pregnant.
    So Steffani... maybe you're pregnant! =0
    Interesting facts... how sad about Beatles Rock Band destroying your life though. I LOVE the Beatles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince does the same thing! Haha. I assure you, I am not pregnant. The HORRIBLE cramps I am having right now are letting me know my body is being sure Im not. =P

    And ya, I've always liked the Beatles {though not loved them} and it's ruined. Hopefully once I'm away from this job they will grow on me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name Thatcher a lot!

    I am always looking for a good line of poetry to tattoo, that's a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, and considering I'm going to be the one eventually pushing a baby out of me, I think I'll win. XD

    I, too, am always looking for poetry to tattoo! This is the only one I've stuck with, though. Which I consider a good thing, because looking back some of them have been STUPID. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Vince then! Sounds like a good man. =]

    I bet that's what'll happen. I do that with music, movies, food, etc... once you take a break you're back on the bandwagon.
    Are you thinking of going for a different job or are you just talking eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I'm sick too! Isn't is the worst? We have the exact same symptoms too so I definitely feel your pain.
    haha, what three Beatles songs is it? That would definitely get annoying.
    Brownies all the way! Definitely beats both cake and pie in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, I'm sure after a 'break' I'll like them again!

    And once I get my CNA in December, I am hoping to find a job in the medical field while I am in the nursing program. So eventually when I leave the library. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like everyone is sick right now. There have been 4 or 5 people call out at work, out of a staff of like 13! I'm over it. Hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow, I'm on day 2 1/2! Hopefully you are feeling better as well. =]

    And it's Yellow Submarine, A Hard Day's Night, Hello Goodbye, and Can't Buy Me Love, so it's actually FOUR songs! haha

    And yes, another brownie lover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's so awesome!
    You could always do what I do too if you can't find a medical job right away. You'd probably work with more elderly clients than kiddos in Flagstaff because there seems to be a greater need for that there, or at least there was when I was working up there, but probably half of my co-workers are/were in the CNA or nursing programs. The only problem is you don't get paid well with a lot of the clients... but it'll at least be some experience in the area on a resume!
    Hopefully you'll just find a higher-paying medical job though. =]

    ReplyDelete