Sunday, August 8, 2010

This week...

So here's what happened this week, mostly in pictures...

Put this strap on my camera which was my grandmas!
Canned an insane amount of peaches...

Made a new bag...

...and a new shirt...
Made a bomb sandwich with mozzarella cheese, pastrami, kale pate, and sauerkraut...
Ate bacon...
Dealt with massive amounts of rain...
Played at the slalom track with Vince and his new bike while Roxi laid in every mud puddle she could find...
Good thing I had the new car to drive it home in!
Made delicious meal...
Hiked Mt. Elden in the rain...
Smelled pretty flowers...

And had to wear my snowboarding boxers due to the fact that I haven't done laundry in weeks...
And now I feel like this...

The most exciting thing that had happened was...I got my tattoo!
It was an awesome experience and I'm so ready to get more!
I had gotten one a while ago when I was 16 from a friend, but it looks awful, so this was my first 'real' tattoo. All day before I got it (my appt was at 4:30) I was SOO nervous. I tried to eat lunch and 11:30 and couldn't even eat, and I LOVE food! Just the thought of eating made me sick. I got off work at 4 and went straight to the tattoo shop with my friend Annie. Jay, my artist from Burly Fish Tattoo, showed me the design and I loved it. We were about to get started and he said that he loves giving people tattoos for the first time on their chest because he can feel their hearts pounding. Oh boy, was my heart pounding! I could feel it through my whole body. I was so scared that it was going to hurt really bad. Luckily, it didn't hurt ONE BIT. After about 3 minutes he was like, "Wow, you really aren't in pain, are you? You've calmed down so much that I can barely feel your heart!" The way I explained it while sitting in the chair was that it felt like I was wearing a backpack with a wet strap and it was rubbing on my skin. It was more of an irritating feeling as opposed to a painful feeling. Even when Jay was tattooing near my armpit or on my collar bone, it was just uncomfortable, not painful! So next week I am scheduling my appointment to add some more to what eventually will be my chest piece!
I am going to mirror the 3 spools of thread on the right side of my chest in different colors and eventually fill in the space on my chest with different things I use for crafts, like scissors, thimbles, mason jars, etc. I'm really excited about that and I am even more excited to be working with Jay!
To me, the idea of being heavily tattooed yet still being professional is super sexy. I really like the idea of being heavily tattoos, yet being the opposite of stereotypical tattooed person. I don't drink, smoke, party, etc, so I think it's rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment