Monday, July 12, 2010

Dangerous.


This week is going to be dangerous. Very dangerous.
It's Baby Week on the Discovery Health Channel.
BABY WEEK, people.

Over the past few months I've weaned myself off of shows that have cute babies,
and 19 Kids and Counting because IT MAKES ME WANT BABIES.
Crazy, because I'm only 18. I know.

I'm only 1 of 4 kids, but I was raised by my grandparents for part of my life and I had 7 aunts and uncles, 4 of which I lived with. There were 10 people total in my house!


While growing up, I hated having so many people around. I was never alone, I was ALWAYS being teased and I was just a grump. But now that I look back on my loooong life (hehe) I realize how much I truly loved it. I loved being able to hangout with my older aunts and uncles (the youngest is only 6 years older then me) and have so much chaos in my life. I loved getting locked in the bathroom when my uncles babysat me and getting the circle brush tangled in my hair. I loved having my aunt convince me that there were rats in the bed by scratching her toes on the bed frame. I loved cooking every meal with my grandma and having my grandpa pull candy from my ear. I loved always having a brother or sister to go to the pool with or play HORSE with.

Because of this, I've realized that I want a big family, but I want to start NOW. I know I'm not going to have a kid for another few years, but I still can't help having that feeling in the bottom of my gut screaming, "BABY BABY BABY!" I
KNOW I am not in a place in my life where I can have kids...I need more money, more time, more patience, amongst other things...but I still want one!

Which leads me back to the danger of BABY WEEK. Watching the cute, cuddly, sweet smelling babies in people's arms just kills me! It makes me want a baby even more. So I've tried to cut myself off, because I need to focus on more important things in my life at the moment.

Like watching baby shows.

Like making new jewelry to sell!
You like?

No comments:

Post a Comment