Here's a little bullet-point year in review because I was a terrible blogger:
- I gave birth to an amazing little girl (read part 1 and part 2 of the birth story), just a few days after my best friend gave birth to her little girl, in the middle of my second semester of nursing school.
- I successfully juggled breastfeeding and pumping throughout the semester, as well as being a mostly loving wife to my helpful husband who stayed home with Devin.
- I had a very long and fun summer with Devin at home. I feel like we did nothing but relax and play the whole summer, but I feel like that may just be selective memory. I realize I can't remember any specifics right now, so...
- We moved into my grandparents house that we are renting while they are out of the country for a year and a half, and finally have space to live and breath in.
- I completed my last real semester of nursing school and took my LAST final of my undergraduate degree, ending the semester with another 4.0.
- I was vice president and then president of my college's Student Nurses' Association and feel very proud of what I accomplished for it and the improvements I made with my team.
- I got my capstone placement in the Intensive Care Unit for my last semester in the spring, and am SO excited about it.
- I got a guitar and am loving learning how to play.
- Devin had her first Christmas, which was just magical and amazing even though we didn't set the tree up until after she went to bed on Christmas Eve!
- I fell even more in love with my husband than I ever thought possible after seeing him as a papi.
- I am a very boring person whose life revolves around Devin and school. Such exciting times.
This upcoming year is going to be awesome because:
- Devin turns ONE in February. AllTheTears.
- I will be a real nurse. Taking care of real patients. Whaaaaaaat?!
- Vince and I will celebrate our five year wedding anniversary.
- We will be out of all credit card debt and will start paying off school loans and starting a savings account for a little homestead.
I don't really have any goals for the New Year that are too thrilling. Save money, increase my workouts, explore our town with Devin, go on dates with my husband...just normal life goals!
I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!