Monday, November 1, 2010

=[

For those of you who read this post, I talked about some ways I save money. I also said that I was going to try this new site called DealsToMeals. I was extremely excited to try it out and it was EXACTLY what I needed. It gave me a list of all the deals at my local grocery stores and told me what was a great deal and what was a so-so deal.

So I signed up and started writing my grocery list right away. I got to the first store excited to do my grocery shopping and save money. Unfortunately, the majority of the sales prices didn't match up! The list that dealstomeals gave me wasn't really the same sale price as my store. I was bummed. I blew it off and thought, Huh, maybe this was a fluke thing. I'll try again in two weeks when I go shopping again.

Last week I did the same thing and what do you know...the sales didn't match up! I talked to my grandma about this and she said I could just get online and look at the online sales adds. The thing that I really liked about that website, though, was that it told me what was a really good deal. Fortunately, the website has a sample link that still shows you what is a good deal or not. So now I don't have to pay 5 bucks a month and I still get what I want. Score!

And somehow, I managed to only spend $68.62 on meals for the next two weeks. Even though I bought random things such as 2 FAMILY SIZED cans of Bush's Baked Beans. {I don't think I've EVER bought these before.} I should know better than to go shopping when I'm starving!

Oh, and I have a new favorite snack. Unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment