Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Memories from a previous life?

I'm reading this book called My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares and surprisingly I love it. Because I am horrible at writing book summaries, here's one for you, courtesy of bookbrowse.com:

"Daniel has spent centuries falling in love with the same girl. Life after life, crossing continents and dynasties, he and Sophia (despite her changing name and form) have been drawn together - and he remembers it all. Daniel has "the memory", the ability to recall past lives and recognize souls of those he's previously known. It is a gift and a curse. For all the times that he and Sophia have been drawn together throughout history, they have also been torn painfully, fatally, apart. A love always too short."

When Daniel starts to remember his past lives, it's when he is really young and the memories are vivid and they usually come to him through dreams. It reminded me of the wild dreams I used to have as a child, and made me ponder that it could have been memories from my previous life.
;-)

One dream in particular kept popping up in my mind and it's one that I had frequently, like at least once a week for YEARS. I am in my home, yet it's not a house I ever grew up in or had seen, I just knew it was my home because it felt like it. Even now as I look back at the dream, it's like I can recall everything about that house. It's weird. Anyway, in my dream, there were men who would walk up and down the street with wheel barrows shouting out, "Bring out the bodies! Dead bodies, please! Bring 'em out now!" People would all open there doors and bring out their dead loved ones who had died in the night, including babies and infants. I would always wake up in a panic right as the men would walk past my house with their wheel barrows full of dead bodies with flies swarming around.

I know, what kind of 6 year old has these kinds of dreams?!

After I had been having this dream for a while, I told my dad about it and he explained that they actually used to do similar things back when the plague was killing people left and right. I'm pretty sure I hadn't learned about the plague at the young age of 6, but I can't be sure. It's just interesting and fun to read My Name is Memory and think that maybe I lived during the plague in my previous life or something. Ya never know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment