Sunday, March 27, 2011

Salutary Sunday


Whew, I can't believe another week of my life is gone! It seems like it went so quick, yet dragged on for ever. I worked last Sunday for a friend, so I worked 6 days last week, which explains the 'dragging on' part.  

I made a few things for my Etsy shop, made some good food, and hung out with family, but other than that I haven't done too much this week.

Some food we made was delicious gluten free onion rings, shrimp tacos, and bacon covered hot dogs. HEART ATTACK WAITING TO HAPPEN.


*****

When I was at Walgreens on Friday picking up some meds and for some reason I had the urge to buy some bright and pretty nail polish. I love popping over to the blog The Dainty Squid because she always has such fun nail colors! {And hair colors. I really miss dying my hair shades of blue, pink, and every other color.}

For this week, I settled on 'Blue Me Away' blue, and I love it!


I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear and I only needed ONE coat. I was shocked. I'm used to having to put on like 5 coats to have a color this vibrant. I knocked my fingers on various things while it was drying {I'm too impatient to just sit} so it messed it up a bit, but I cleaned my house a LOT after my nails were dried and it didn't chip like I expected it to. So I definitely recommend this stuff. 

I also got a couple other colors, and I'm excited to use them!


Did anyone do something more exciting than me? Let me know!

It's naptime for me...

4 comments:

  1. Nope nothing more exciting here! Well...dyeing my hair blue :)..and greenish..and purple. :) But I'm being nerdy and doing homework! Love your nail polish! Is it because of work that you can't dye your hair bright colors anymore? Hearts, janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that gunmetal color.

    ALSO BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS WOAH GOOD IDEA. But wait -- SHRIMP TACOS?! Why didn't you invite me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your hair! Post pictures soon! and there's nothing wrong with being nerdy; homework is what I'll be doing the next three years or so. =/

    It's ok if I dye my hair for my current job, but I stick out since I work in a library and with teens. It's not against the rule for me to do it, but I can see some parents not wanting there kids to come to my programs. The tattoos are 'scary' enough! It's also such a hassle for me to die my hair. I used to enjoy doing it, but now if I get roots I feel the need to dye it right away because it looks SO bad on me. Also, I'm going to be in the nursing program soon for school, so I won't be able to dye my hair then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I like that color too, I'm excited to use it! Maybe I'll just paint one nail that color and leave the rest blue, I just want to see how it looks!

    God, I love shrimp tacos. I think about them pretty much every day of my life!

    ReplyDelete